Freeze on Startup

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:02 PM
  • I downloaded the latest release.
  • Added it to the Toolbox
  • Dragged it into my component tray
  • Enabled it
  • Added 'Mouse Up' as an event to just do a basic console.Writeline()

If i MINIMIZE the form, there is a 10 second delay.  If i maximize the form, there is a 10 second delay.  if i close the form, there is a 10 second delay.  THERE IS NOTHING else on this form.

It is just a blank .NET 4.0 Form, with JUST this one component on it.  What is causing that delay?

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:23 PM

There is one known issue on closing the application hosting the hook.
The behavior on minimize and restore sounds very strange.

Can you give me info about Windows version you are having trouble on? 32 or 64 bit?

Try to hook just keyboard and let me know weather you are experiencing the same problem with it.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Edited Feb 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM

Windows 7 Ultimate x64, using the x86 version of the hook library (as i need to implement this on all types of systems x86 and x64).

When i hook just mouseUp, it freezes on minimize and close.  When i hook just keypress, same result, freezes.  

And, when I say freeze, i mean one cannot even move the mouse. 

With the form open, after launch, the events are firing off just fine.  So i do not know why it's freezing.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:30 PM

Special Note:  It only FREEZES ONCE.  If you restore the application, and minimize again, it doesn't freeze on subsequent minimizes.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Just to make sure it's not me, i also did it using your:  MouseKeyboardActivityMonitor.Demo.exe application.

Launched the application, set to global hook, did keypress, minimized the app, and it froze the OS for about 2 seconds.

Tried to close it, same freeze.

Set to application specific, and no freezing on subsequent launches.  

So the issue is somewhere in the global hooks

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:35 PM

Are you launching application separately or from Visual Studio?

Try to do something else instead console.Write().

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:37 PM

Not sure if you saw my previous posts.

This happens when in VS2010, when in a compiled app, or when running your demo application.

Feb 9, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Ok. I see. Could you please create an issue and refer to this discussion. Thanks for detailed info.